The Karabakh Foundation is a Washington, D.C.-based 501(c)(3) cultural charity foundation that preserves and disseminates the cultural heritage and traditions of Azerbaijan, the Caucasus area, and the Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. The charitable foundation was established in 2009. Main activities include public programs, international collaborations, scholarly exchange, publications, exhibitions, academic partnerships, and artistic sponsorships, as well as archival preservation and artifact collection and curation.
Karabakh Foundation’s partnerships include:
• partner in the United Nations Global Compact,
• consulting member of the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC),
• program presenter of the U.S.-State Department-funded Global Diaspora Forum,
• designated Valued Partner of GuideStar, the organization that provides information about U.S. non-profit organizations,
• KF Executive Director Diana Altman is selected by GuideStar to participate in their Advisory Council.